A Resort Committed to SustainabilityPhuket Green Hotel and Resort
We care about our environment and sustainability of our resort. Having operated in Phuket for over thirty years, we have seen firsthand how unsustainable business practices impact our beloved island. We believe our first step to sustainable business is to care for the environment closest to us.
In our case, that is Nakalay Reef, which is a thriving coral reef in front of the resort. We have sponsored and undertook various coral restoration activities in collaboration with the department of Marine and Coastal Resources (DMCR). The activities ranges from coral monitoring, coral replanting, and collection of broken fragments caused by human activities to be replanted. In 2019, we launched our “Save Nakalay Reef” campaign, a joint project between the resort and DMCR in order to help conserve and restore Nakalay Bay’s coral reef.
Our resort is also committed to adopting business activities that do not harm the surround environment such as
- Replaced fluorescent bulbs with LED light efficient bulbs
- Conserve energy by using high voltage electrical appliances during off-peak hours
- Use greywater for watering resort gardens and landscape
- Use recycled paper for office’s internal reports
- The use of plastic bags is kept at the minimum.
- Waste and rubbish are classified and separated in order to help with recycling